Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Me, My Life and The People I Love...

When I became aware that when I didn't get that good marks in 12th nor in the TN Entrance Examinations, I never really did get how that would affect my life. To say frankly, I was immature, I knew little about the competitive world out there. Later when I realized the fact, I felt too bad and it didn't help that much with my inferiority complex. Then one day, my mom being a doctor herself, and seeing that i got good grades in Biology than in Mathematics in my board exams, asked me weather I would like to pursue a career in Medicine. But I disagreed, cause of the thought of myself failing as a Doctor sacred me like hell. Other than that I was very interested in computers and want to choose Computer Science Engineering as my career choice. That, I realize now, the best decision I've made in my entire life. Then, my dad, wanting to get me into a better college, somehow pushed me into Guindy College Of Engineering in Chennai. In the counseling ranking system, I was ranked 11th. On the day of counseling, we(me and my dad) reached early and we were asked to wait in a big hall for course selection and documents verification.

In the 10 people ahead of me, till today, i was aware of only 3 people(who eventually became my closest friends and one in particular more more than a close friend). Then after 10 days, we were asked to report for allocating hostel rooms for students. As it turns out, when my turn came all the available rooms were filled out, and we were asked to get our rooms allocated on the day of joining college. But, since I joined as an NRI student, I had a choice for opting International hostel, which my father insisted me to join. But I refused at the last moment, and little did I knew then that it would change my life forever, for the better...

As the day of college opening got nearer and nearer, I had no clue of how this new place is going to be like. Will it be like my school, in which I have spent by then, the past 14 years of my life. Will I feel lonely, just like the time when we moved out of the house I've lived in since the day I was born, will I like this strange place in which I have to spend the next 4 years of my life. I was scared, terrified and mortified. It was the first time I am leaving my home town, my family, my friends for a significant period of time. But when I think of it now, the kind of friends I made during college, the kind of guy I turned out, I kind of closeness I enjoyed, boy that 4 short years of my life, was the best time of my life.

Still to come... my view of the best days of my life...

And needless to say since I studied in an All Boys School, from LKG right up to 12th Std. I was not really sure weather I would like to sit in a class with 35 girls, and yes, I counted the no. of girls there were in my class, the first day of college. But now I regret why did engineering courses have a duration of just 4 years. As      like everything in life, we only truly understand and appreciate the beauty of the things we truly love, when we move apart from it. The further you move, the closer you become.

No comments:

Post a Comment